Bowling Green, Kentucky changes fireworks ordinance

December 29th, 2011 · 9:04 pm @ J. Marshall Hughes  -  No Comments

The City of Bowling Green Board of Commissioners recently passed an ordinance with regards to the storage, sale and use of fireworks within the City limits.

Any person wishing to use fireworks must obtain a Special Discharge Permit from the City Fire Dept. There is NO FEE for this permit. Issuance of the permit is conditioned on the applicant complying with all applicable state and local laws, rules and regulations. The permit application shall be filed no later than fifteen days prior to the proposed use of the fireworks. The permit, if granted, shall be valid for a four (4) hour period on the permitted date between the hours of noon and 9:00pm.

Application and Guide sheet listing specific requirements for a Special Fireworks Discharge Permit are attached below or can be obtained from Bowling Green Fire Dept by calling 393-3702, Monday through Friday from 8:00am – 4:00pm.

Learn more about this ordinance at

Everyone have a safe and happy New Year’s!!

Leave a Reply